The gastronomy of Pilar de la Horadada occupies an important place within the culture of this town.
Typical dishes to highlight are the potato stew with meat, the meatballs stew, the rabbit in garlic "cabañil" and the "gachas migas". Moreover, there is a good variety of forms of cooking rice: you can find different sorts of "paella" and the popular "caldero" made of rice and fish.
The agriculture of the area offers fresh vegetables, freshly harvested everyday, and the sea does the same with the seafood: gilt-head breams, groupers and European sea basses are the most common varieties of fish.
And if we move on to the desserts and pastries, in Pilar de la Horadada excellent bakery recipes are found, where "milhojas" and "cordiales" are the most important.
Gastronomy and eating plays an important role among our inhabitants reflected on the great amount of gastronomic events organized throughout the year in Pilar de la Horadada:
- LENT FLAVOURS (Lent and Easter)
- TAPAS & COCKTAIL ROUTE ON THE COAST (May)
- TAPAS & COCKTAIL ROUTE (June)
- GASTRONOMIC DAYS "DE LA HUERTA AL PLATO"
- UN PILAR DE PINCHOS (September)
- GASTRONOMIC DAYS ORGANIZED BY BODEGÓN LA PEÑA (November)
- SEAFOOD/RICE GASTRONOMIC DAYS ORGANIZED BY MARCELO Y REBECA
Diseño y desarrollo web de AiDweb.es
Entry added to notebook.